Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Node Inc. (“Node”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). Node provides an AI-as-a-service solution designed to leverage data to deliver intelligent and adaptable prediction models (collectively, including the Site, the “Services”).
Personal Information we collect
We collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information you provide to us. We collect Personal Information in connection with your use of our Services or other communications with us (by phone, chat, email, internet forms or forums, social media or other means of communication), such as when you: fill in forms on the Site; request information about or subscribe to the Services; run search queries on the Services; report a problem with or have questions about the Services; or respond to surveys or questionnaires. The Personal Information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include your contact details (e.g. name, email address, and phone number) and login credentials.
Personal Information processed on behalf of our customers. In order to provide the Services, we may receive and process on our customers’ behalf Personal Information about our customers’ employees, users, customers, or contacts. Our customers control the processing of this Personal Information, including controlling what Personal Information they provide to us. Therefore, the types of Personal Information we process on behalf of our customers depends on how the customer uses the Services, but it generally includes contact details and information about your interactions with the customer.
We process this information pursuant to our agreements with our customers and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process on our customers’ behalf. If your Personal Information was submitted to us by a customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have concerning your Personal Information under applicable law, please contact the customer directly.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Services. When you visit, use, or otherwise interact with our Services, we may automatically receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions, such as your access times, location, browser type and language, and IP address. We may also collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and other information about your device’s interaction with our Services. Such information is collected automatically by our servers when you access or use some of our Services and may be statistical data, which may or may not include Personal Information, although we may associate such statistical data with Personal Information we possess. Such statistical data helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: Certain aspects of our Services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to do things such as count users who have visited certain webpages or opened an e-mail and collect other website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Personal Information we collect from other sources. We may collect Personal Information about you from our business partners, including our customers, marketing lead generation and verification providers, or service providers we may engage to provide certain aspects of our Services (e.g., analytics); if you attend one of our events; or from social networks or other publicly available sources.
Personal Information we obtain from data partners to provide the Services. We obtain from commercial data partners certain Personal Information, including contact information; social media profile links (e.g. LinkedIn); and work experience, education and other professional information. We may collect this data about you regardless of whether you interact with us or use our Services so that we can improve our AI prediction capabilities and provide the features of our Services.
How we use your Personal Information
The purposes for which we may use your Personal Information include the following:
- to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Services;
- to deliver the information and support your request, including support, marketing and administrative messages;
- to send you news and information and to communicate with you about our Services (you may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from us by contacting us using the information in the “Contacting Node” section below, following the instructions in such emails or messages and, if you do opt out of such emails or messages, we may still send you non-promotional communications regarding our ongoing business relations);
- to improve our AI prediction capabilities and provide the features of our Services;
- to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences;
- to track and analyze trends and usage relating to our Services;
- to protect our rights or property;
- to compare information for accuracy;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and/or our business partners and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you relating to our Services; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may combine your Personal Information that we have collected from different sources (e.g. by combining publicly available information from various sources to help analyze sales opportunities).
Sharing and disclosure of your Personal Information
With your consent. We may share your Personal Information for any lawful purpose to which you have expressly consented or directed, with any specified entity to which you have expressly consented or directed disclosure, or to fulfil the purpose for which you provided such Personal Information to us.
Our business partners, service providers, and vendors. We may provide your Personal Information to our business partners, service providers, and vendors for any of the following purposes: to facilitate our Services; to provide our Services or portions of our Services on our behalf; to perform services related to our Services, including maintenance services, database management, fulfilment, web analytics, and improvement of the features or functionality; or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are being used.
Compliance with law and protection of rights, property, or safety. We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is appropriate, which may include the following circumstances:
- to comply with any court order, subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce agreements we have with you or your employer;
- if disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our business partners or others; and
- to prevent activity that we believe, in our sole discretion, may be or may become illegal, unethical, or legally actionable (including exchanging your personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection).
Business transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared during the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and then transferred to a successor, affiliate, or other third party as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
Aggregate website usage information. We may release aggregate and anonymized versions of your personal information, which do not identify any individuals, to advertisers and other third parties in order to promote or describe use of our Services.
Your failure to provide Personal Information
Certain parts of our Services, for example if you send us a support request, may require you to provide your Personal Information. If you do not provide your Personal Information, you may not be able to access and use our Services or individual parts thereof.
Retention of your Personal Information
We may retain your Personal Information for a period consistent with the original purpose of collection. We keep your Personal Information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our Services. We may also retain your Personal Information during the period needed for us to pursue our business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information
You may have certain rights in connection with your Personal Information depending on where you live and the data protection laws applicable to your Personal Information. (California residents please see the “Additional Information for California Residents” section for additional information about your rights.)
You may contact us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise your rights or request that we provide information about, correct or update, or delete your Personal Information. If you use the Services and request deletion of all of your Personal Information that we possess, we retain the right to deactivate any accounts you have opened or manage. Please note that we may retain certain Personal Information if and to the extent required by law, to maintain a record of your request, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or for other business purposes.
Links to other websites
Third-party tracking and “Do Not Track” signals
Please be aware that some web browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to websites, or you may otherwise have the ability to use similar mechanisms to indicate your preference that certain web technologies not be used to track your online activity. We make reasonable commercial efforts to recognize and support “Do Not Track” signals.
We employ commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access or use. Please note, however, that no security system is impenetrable. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor that your Personal Information won’t be intercepted. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within our Services. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share your password with anyone.
Our Services are not intended, designed, or directed to children younger than sixteen (16) years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, please immediately cease use our website and any of our Services and do not send any information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Definition. Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored on your computer or mobile device. They are generally used to make websites and cloud-based services work better and more efficient by recognizing you and remembering important information that will make your visit of a website or cloud-based service more convenient (e.g., by allowing you to enter login information less frequently or remembering user preferences). Taken alone, cookies do not personally identify you and only recognize your web browser.
Cookies can be stored on your computer for different periods of time. Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time, or upon logging out (session cookies), others survive after your browser is closed until a defined expiration date set in the cookie (as determined by the third party placing it), and help recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again (persistent cookies). Our Site and Services use first party cookies (cookies set directly by Node) as well as third party cookies, as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
Types of cookies used. We use different types of cookies on our Site and in our Services to make your interaction easy and meaningful. The following sets out how we use different categories of cookies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection for these technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential to the operation of our Site and are used to facilitate our log-in authentication processes and to enable you to navigate the Site and to use its features. Without such cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services and the Site may not perform as well as we intend it to. You have no option to opt out of the use of strictly necessary cookies because they are essential to operate our Services.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while visiting our Site and to provide you with enhanced and more personalized content and features, such as customizing a certain webpage or application page. To permit your connection to the Site, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. Such features help us to improve your visit and assist in navigation of the Site’s features. You may manage or to opt out of the use of functionality cookies on our Site by following the instructions below. Please note that the functionality of the Site may be impaired as result of your opting out of the use of such cookies.
- Analytics cookies. We and our service providers may use analytics cookies to collect information and enable us to improve our Site by collecting information how you use the Site. The information that such cookies gather allows us to see the overall patterns of usage of the Site, help us record any difficulties users may have while using the Site and show us if the advertising on our Site is effective. You may manage or to opt out of the use of analytics cookies on our Site by following the instructions below. Please note that the functionality of the Site may be impaired as result of your opting out of the use of such cookies.
Please be aware that your decision to control cookies may affect your experience on our Site.
Additional Information for California Residents
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), this section is intended to inform California residents of (1) the Personal Information that we collect and how we disclose that information, and (2) the privacy rights California residents may have relating to their Personal Information and how those rights can be exercised.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information, as described in greater detail in the “Personal Information we collect” section above:
- Identification Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, and login credentials.
- Professional Information, such as your employment and education history, any patents or professional awards, and any other information you submit through your resume and/or application for employment.
- Communication Information, such as information included in your communications with us, such as when you attend one of our events or contact our sales or customer support teams.
- Online Activity Information, such as information about the device on which you are accessing our applicable Services (e.g. manufacturer and model), your internet service provider, your internet protocol address (“IP address”), your device’s browser, your device’s operating system and various types of metadata (e.g. location, cookies, access times and dates, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, webpages that you visit and the time spent on those pages and information you search for on the Site).
- Commercial Information, such as purchase, payment, and billing information.
- Inferences made based on other categories of Personal Information described herein.
- Sources of Personal Information: We collect the above categories of Personal Information from you, our customers, our business providers, public sources, data vendors, and as otherwise described in the “Personal Information we collect” section above.,
- Purposes of Collection and Disclosure: We collect and disclose the above categories of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How we use your Personal Information” and “Sharing and disclosure of your Personal Information” sections above.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose: In the past 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose all of the above categories of Personal Information to our customers as a part of the Services, to our business partners and service providers, and as otherwise described in the “Sharing and disclosure of your Personal Information” section above.
- Categories of Personal Information Sold: Node does not make your Personal Information available for purchase or otherwise share your information in exchange for monetary compensation. Certain sharing of your information, however, may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA’s broad definition. In particular, in the last 12 months, we have shared Identification Information and Professional Information obtained from public and commercial sources, and Inferences we have created based on that information, with our customers as a part of the Services to match profiles, develop predictions, enhance customers’ data, and provide people recommendations. See below for information about how to opt out of the sharing of your Personal Information for these purposes.
California Privacy Rights. To the extent provided for by the CCPA and subject to applicable exceptions and exclusions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- The right to non-discrimination for the exercise of your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights: California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by calling us at (888) 421-7611, emailing us at email@example.com, or sending us a letter to the address in the “Contacting Us” section.
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent. If you do so, we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
You may also reach out to us via land mail at:
Attn: Stephanie Flowers
560 Brannan St
San Francisco, CA 94107